Monday, July 9, 2012

Welcoming myself to social media?



Alright, I have broken down and decided to create a blog for our family.  I didn't do it before because all I had to talk about was myself and I thought that would be really a boring blog.  But then on June 10, 2012 this arrived:
Avram James Gravett 6 lb 9 oz 19 in
So now I have something to talk about!  I wanted all our family and friends to be able to keep track of the little tyke at their leisure and feel like they can be part of our lives even though we are far from most of you.  Wow, I am looking at that picture of him right now and he looks like he just lost a boxing match, and I suppose labor could be construed as a fight of a sort.  Here is what he looks like right now this very second:



He was handsome before in that red, swollen, drunken baby sort of way, but now he is much handsomer. And what do you know?  He is sleeping!  Astonishing!  Also, yes he is wearing the worlds largest diaper.  Today is a washing day and all the regular diapers are currently out on the clothes line, so he is wearing this one that is 3 sizes too big.  Thank goodness for the adjustable sizing on this bad boy or the diaper would be down to his ankles.  Yes sleeping is what my boy does best.  I like to think that he got that from me.  Also he does this:

And we make him do things like this:


This is probably the most entertaining thing he does.  We call it naked tummy time.  We have video of him during these 5 to 7 minute periods of happy nudity, which I will post later.  Mike and I always have plans to do something else while we lay him on his tummy and take off his diaper.  Like finish watching a movie or putting in a load of laundry, but once that bum goes in the air, we are both mesmerized and completely useless.  Well, now you pretty much know everything so I am going to take my shower now.  Oh wait he is pooping.

2 comments: